My own high school days of electric blue hair and all black clothing are way behind me now, but I’ve retained a love of music from that time and tried to capture a little of the same excitement I felt when being introduced to new music that was beamed in from the local college station or passed around on cassette by my fellow weirdos at school.
The following are songs or bands that are referenced in my new novel.
1. Bauhaus – Dark Entries
2. The Velvet Underground – Run, Run, Run
3. Afrika Bambaataa – Planet Rock
4. The Handsome Family – The Bottomless Hole
5. Teenage Jesus and the Jerks – I woke up dreaming
6. Dead Boys – Sonic Reducer
7. David Bowie – Moonage Daydream
8. Fugazi – Waiting Room
9. John Coltrane – Love Supreme
10. Television – See No Evil
11. Love And Rockets
12. Buzzcocks – Real World
13. Magazine – Shot By Both Sides
14. The Notorious B.I.G. – Hypnotize
Other music referenced in the book includes: Nina Simone, Smog, Scott Walker, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, John Coltrane, The Oh See’s, Bob Marley and The Wailers, The Damned, Einsturzende Neubauten, Wiz Khalifa, Journey, Sex Pistols and Willie Nelson.